Monday 11 June 2012

Long Weekend....

We have just had a long weekend for the Queen's birthday. It has gone too quickly but I have managed to fit a lot in. Saturday, I did a 2:30 hr bike ride up some big hills - I had never been that way before and will definitely not be doing it again!! It was gruelling and apparently there is an easier route to get where I was going! It did me in for the rest of the day- but my heartrate monitor did say I burnt 1300 calories so you gotta like that!Oh did I mention it was 2 degrees when I set off..
Sunday we were back in the hills for a BBQ with some friends, a nice relaxing time, very lethargic.
Today I went on a ride with a friend to the beach-60 kms ,beautiful ride,nowhere near as taxing as Saturday but enough to feel noble for the rest of the day.
The rest of the day I have caught up on the dreaded housework- no spider sightings( seems to be prevalent in blogland at present)
I didnt post my weight on Friday - it was pretty much the same- ok I was up .5 kg What the?. I did do my measurements and I was 3 cms less on my hips and my waist - so all the biking and hiking is working :) I hope you all had a great weekend and have a great week!!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Great biking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1300 calories for a 2.5 hour ride is awewome. Those must have been some killer hills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously cannot ride for even half that time, you are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that exercise is making a HUGE difference in your inches...sometimes that scale doesn't show it...keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dani- How are you doing? I have missed you in blogland.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete