Thursday 31 May 2012

1 year bandiversary:)

Yesterday was my my bandiversary. I wasn't even going to acknowledge it as for the last 6 months,I have lost nothing! But then I thought if it hadn't been for my band, I would not be 50 lbs lighter now, in fact I would probably be even heavier than my starting weight . So what has changed for me in the last year??-I now can go into most regular stores and buy clothes. I am more comfortable in myself. I can ride big hills on my bike-and have been known to wear lycra in public!! It is easier to get dressed in the morning-all my clothes in my closet fit.I am becoming more aware of my eating patterns- I can stop at one or two chocolates-only just. Today, I am going to start finishing the journey of my weightloss,I am finally realising that the band isn't going to do it all for me, and I just may have to use a little willpower as well.I have good restriction, I know all the rules, now I am going to put it all together.My schedule has been all over the place this week-had a child home with gastro for 4 days-not good for the exercise, but she 's back at school today,so game on. The weather is shit today-rainy and cold, so it's indoor exercise for me today. Now having said that ,I just looked outside and saw a window of opportunity, rain had stopped so off I went and abandoned my blog post and did a 90 minute bush walk.So go me!! Here is a photo of where I walked today.
Later today I am going to hit the exercise bike for an hour-I have lots of spare time today-My husband and son have gone interstate ,my son is sitting the SAT exam tomorrow am.All part of his endeavour to get a US college scholarship.So it's just Emma and I,and I'm sure she will be wiped after her first day back at school this week.OMG-I know I'm rambling on,now.When I was walking , I was thinking of some tips to keep myself on track.Firstly I need to know the calorie value before I consume any food, and I really have to write down my food intake for a while to geta sense of where my dangers are. So I will put a before picture and after picture here-The before was a camping photo which made me to decide to go ahead with the surgery. The after picture is from 3 weeks ago, on our anniversary trip.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your year bandiversary - I'm really glad you decided to acknowledge it and that you can see the positives - you've lost 50lbs which is awesome!! I haven't lost anything for 6 months either and have just recently recommitted - we can do it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Happy Bandiversary. Here is to a healthier you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! 50 lbs. in a year is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bandiversary, My friend. 50 is gone is 50 gone. You look great. You can lose a few more over this next year. I will be working on it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy late bandiversary! :)

    ReplyDelete