Thursday 16 June 2011

Back at Work...

Well I went back to work for 2 days this week,I have to say I was pretty exhausted after the first day and fortuneately could leave early yesterday. I am off today -Fridays I'm off always so think I will make this my weigh in day. So I got on the scale this morning- 107.6 kg (237 Lbs) Yeh- Thats 10.4 kg(23 lbs) off so far-I am counting from when I started my preop diet-'cos dammit that was all willpower!

Anyway, I am loving mushies- wary and chewing heaps,I can't believe how small my portions are and how they fill me up.Yesterday at work someone was leaving and they had a sushi platter- I didn't have any-not sure that its really mushies and didnt want to have any problems in front of co-workers.One of the doctors I work with and who I had only said Hernia repair when asked why I was off(they are all so nosy!!)-Took a look at me as soon as I walked into the room and asked me outright if I had had a lapband- I said yes I have decided I'm not going to lie if people ask me directly-She said I looked like I had lost a lot of weight.So people are noticing already.

My work pants almost fell off me as I was crossing the road-now I have a safety pin holding them up-I just don't want to buy new ones yet-I can see this is going to become expensive- will have to hunt out some second hand stores to tide me over. I kinda want to see if I can get by till I can fit into regular sizes-as the plus size clothing here is so overpriced.

I have to say that I almost feel normal now-only small tweaks of soreness, moving around well and starting to feel really good about the decision to have this done- for a while after surgery,I was very sad over the fact I couldn't just stuff myself anymore-Weird ,how the mind works eh?

Anyway although I didn't take formal before photos, I found this photo of a camping trip we did in March this year-It still shocks me how big I look in it. I did take measurements and will remeasure every month.

My son has his formal tonight(prom) so its been all about him today so far-We are going to the pre drinks party tonight and then have 2 birthday celebrations to go this weekend so it will go quickly- then its only 4 days till Emma -my daughter and Stan-hubby go to Canada- we are hoping the Volcanic ash has cleared by then-we have been having lots of flights cancelled here because of this.

Ok so hope everyone has a great weekend, Bye for now..

2 comments:

  1. Hi there - I saw you on my followers list - thanks for dropping by! I'm looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Dani! Way to go with getting back to work and hanging in there.

    As for feeling full, I think that's the biggest thing that surprised me is how quickly a small amount of food made me feel satisfied. Also - many of us follow this new theory of "I try to see how little it takes to satisfy me, rather than see how MUCH I can eat." Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete