Saturday 25 June 2011

Last day of rest...

Its Sunday here, and the last day to veg and get organised for the week.
Did I mention I am loving this band!! I went out for dinner last night and had some steamed dumplings, yum,yum. Thats all i had,I know -not so mushy -still on mushies till Tuesday officially-but believe me by the time I had finished chewing them they were definitely mushy. I was full, my friend who I was with had a main meal in the same time that I took to eat them.Now ,this friend is the skinniest person in the world and has a son who has suffered from anorexia, so as you can imagine I didn't really want to tell her about the band , and hadn't until during dinner last night. I thought bugger it,I feel like I am living a lie when I am with her, so I told her and you know what she cried cos she was so happy for me! Wow, She was so interested and supportive, it ended up being a great night and now I just have to find a recipe for those dumplings...


I made a big pot of chili con carne yesterday,and froze it in portions-I am really getting an idea now about how much I can eat, I've just got to maintain focus on healthy eating and getting lots of nutritional value in the food I do eat.I am making salmon patties later and will freeze them for during the week.Its amazing how much you can accomplish when your husband is away!!

I still haven't managed to get photos onto this blog-I did one and since then having issues, I will do a bit more reading up on it today.I will do my measurements and post the results tomorrow,I'll be interested to see the change.I just went and bought some new work pants- I couldn't handle the safety pin holding up my old ones anymore-I am down to a size 20 from a 22 so all good-could fit into the 18's but was a little squishy.Woo Hoo!

Ever since I made the decision to have the band , I have felt a sense of control and purpose and felt like it was the right time of my life to do something for myself.But now ,I realise, that with my moods stabilized and what feels like an inner peace about all this , I can see it impacts on all the family- I think they are enjoying my journey as well.( after that very deep monologue, I will leave it there for now..)

I caught up on everyone's blogs last night- I just love coming in and seeing the number of new posts in my google reader!! This week I have a post op appointment with the Surgeon and with the dietician so looking forward to that!

Ok like I said will try and post some piccy's-it always adds to the interest to see the face of who's blogging, I think. Have a good week everyone, Bye for now...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that your friend responded in a positive way, it's so important to have the support of your friends! :)

    ReplyDelete